STAFFORDSHIRE ONLY - Level 3 Recognition of Emotional Harm and the Impact of Neglect on Children Multi-Agency Training
Date & Time:
This course is available for people working with children and families in Staffordshire. For those working with children and families outside of Staffordshire please contact your local Safeguarding Children Board.
Participants must have undertaken Level 1 Child Protection training before attending this course.
This course will update your Level 2 certificate to continue to be the Designated/Deputy Safeguarding Lead in your organisation for another 2 years.
For training costs please go to our webpage Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board
All organisations that come into contact with children, young people and their families.
- Recognise signs and indicators of neglect.
- Recognise the impact issues for children and child development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the significance of timescales for progress.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the types of strategies used to intervene in situations of emotional abuse and neglect which can promote positive change.
- Have an understanding and utilise SSCB Inter-agency Safeguarding policy on Child Neglect and Threshold Framework
- Using Restorative Practice to understand the importance of the child’s voice and the ‘child’s world’. All children should be offered the opportunity to speak to a professional alone or have a suitable advocate to speak on their behalf (particularly for children who are not yet able to talk either because of their age or stage of development, because of a disability, or that English is their 2nd language) in order to gather their views and opinions.
- Understand and highlight the lessons learnt from national and local serious case reviews and child safeguarding practice reviews, including rapid reviews (where relevant)